Monthly Archives: March 2017
Lemon Monkey Bread!
It is pretty easy to make, and it makes a great presentation! I make it for our kids! It will be a big hit with our girls! 🙂
To make the Monkey Bread:
1. Start with 28-30 oz. of canned biscuits (I use a generic 4 pack of buttermilk biscuits that work great!) Tear or cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and toss the pieces into a lemon/sugar mix a few pieces at time, tossing with your hands; I use a bowl with about 2 cups of sugar and fresh zest of 2 lemons.🍋
2. Heavily coat the inside of a Bundt pan with Crisco. Loosely pile the coated pieces into the pan, dotting with melted butter occasionally.
3. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes, then immediately flip onto a plate when removed from oven and add glaze while the bread is still hot.
Make the glaze while the bread is baking. I soften 4 ounces of cream cheese in the microwave, stir in a tablespoon or so of lemon juice, and then gradually incorporate powdered sugar 1/4cup at a time 4 times.
Instructional Details in Photos: (Click on any photo to enlarge it.)
Do you make Monkey Bread? Is your recipe similar? I make a cinnamon monkey bread, too. You can find my recipe here: https://whatamberloves.com/2013/12/28/cinnamon-monkey-bread/
If you have another recipe for a monkey bread with a different flavor profile, please leave me a comment or share a link in the comment section of the post, please!
Amber Hamilton Henson
Chicken, Olive, Feta, Pesto, SourCream Bake
How about a high fat, high protein, low carb dish? Sounds good to me! If, like me, you like olives, feta, & pesto, then this may be the perfect dish for you to make, too! On Sundays, I like to meal prep my lunch for the week. This recipe makes 6 servings, so I’ll enjoy one serving tonight and one serving for lunch each day mon-fri this week. Yay! 🙌🏻
1. Chop boneless skinless chicken thighs into bite size pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté in olive oil until done.
2. Arrange chicken, olives, and feta cheese in a 9×12 glass baking dish.
3. Stir together the sour cream and pesto. A spoonful at a time, add it to the top of the baking dish, then smooth it over, thus coating the top of the chicken, olives, & feta with the sauce.
4. Bake in preheated 375*F oven for 20-25 minutes. The Sauce will bubble and edges will brown.
5. Portion into 6 servings. Enjoy!
Ingredient Detail Photos:
The macros were calculated by MyFitnessPal app when I created the recipe and scanned the ingredients into the app.
525 calories per serving