Monthly Archives: January 2016
Class by Juliette Crane!
Have you seen her work?
If you haven’t, pop over to her site!
You’re in for a real treat!!
She’s even offering a chance for one of us to WIN the class experience! I’m entering!!
Here is the link: http://www.juliettecrane.com/whimsical-animals-giveaway-video-sneak-peek/#/
This photo is from her website; I just added her name to her photo, because I wanted to help ensure her name stays with her art!
Comment on this post, please?
Visit her link and look around and maybe even enter for your own chance a free class!
😃💞–AmberHH of WhatAmberLoves.com
Quick Crab Bisque!
Serves: Serves 6
1 pound lump crab meat
2 stalks celery, reserve the celery leaves, finely diced (about ¾ cup)
1 cup of shredded/grated “matchstick” carrots
1 clove garlic, minced
celery leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1-2 cups fresh spinach leaves
3 tablespoons reduced fat butter
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups half-‘n’-half
½ cup sherry (can use cooking sherry)
3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
black pepper, to taste
Melt the butter over medium heat in a large pot. Add the carrots and celery, cook until just softened, 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Pour in the sherry until all absorbed, stir, browning slightly for 1-2 minutes. Add chicken broth, add the garlic, chopped celery leaves, chopped parsley, spinach, and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat, stir in light cream, stir and cook over low heat until heated through, then add crab meat, stir, and serve!
Enjoy! Daughter paired it with garlic cheese toast!
Best Louisiana Hot Crab Dip!
LOUISIANA HOT CRAB DIP
1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, free of shells
2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, 16 oz total
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
5 tablespoons minced green onions/scallions
3 large garlic cloves, minced
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a casserole dish and gently stir until thoroughly mixed. Adjust seasoning to taste. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until lightly golden on top. Serve hot.
3. Serve hot, with hot sauce on the side for those who like it spicy. (This recipe makes 3+ cups.)
Our family sure enjoyed this dip as Sunday brunch, today! If you try it, please let us know if you like it, too!
~ Amber Hamilton Henson
PS pinning to Pinterest is encouraged here! 💞
TexMex Spaghetti Squash for “National Spaghetti Day!”
Another low calorie yummy meatless meal rich in vitamins and fiber!
Spaghetti squash, black beans, corn, sautéed onions, peppers, & garlic. + cilantro, cumin, oregano, & chili powder!
This is my new replacement for taco night!
(Mitch had cheese on his! I didn’t.)
1) split your spaghetti squash and cook it face down in 1″ of water in a casserole dish. Shred with a fork after its done.
2) chop veg and sauté, stir in beans, and taco seasoning or other TexMex spices.
3) stir the sauté ‘d veg into to spaghetti squash shell and serve! *Optional, coat with shredded cheese and bake until cheese melts!
Amber Hamilton Henson