Pineapple-Cheddar-Ritz Bake! Yum!
Here is a recipe given to me by my sister-in-law. The very first time I tasted it at her house during the holidays, I knew I needed this recipe in my collection! (…a little sweet from the pineapple, a little rich from the cheddar, and a bit buttery with great texture from the Ritz… YUM!)This recipe is exactly as she gave it to me, no modification. We love it and love serving it to dinner guests. I was recently asked for the recipe and realized that I hadn’t posted it onto this site, so now, with no further adieu, here it is! It is really quick to prepare. When we have guests for a dinner party, it is a great dish to prepare earlier in the day, then just pop it in the oven 30 minutes before dinner. It is just sweet enough, you could also almost consider it a dessert. It is also great as a breakfast dish. Just trust me and try it. It is wonderful AND unique. You’ll be pleased to have your guests ask for the recipe, too!
1/2 cup Sugar
3 tbsp Flour
4-5 tablespoons of Pineapple Juice (from the next ingredient)
20 oz Crushed pineapple in its own juice (saving juice)
2 cups Sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
1 stick of Butter (sweet, salted)
1 tube of Ritz brand crackers
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Mix the first three ingredients (sugar, flour, and juice) in a small bowl.
3) Add the rest of the can of pineapple into the above, stir, and pour into a 9″ x 13″ greased baking dish.
4) Evenly spread cheese across the top.
5) Crumble/crush the tube of Ritz crackers and mix with the stick of melted butter. Layer evenly across the top of the baking dish.
6) Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
Serve warm! . . . It is also great re-warmed as leftovers, if there are any!!
~Amber Hamilton Henson
This post will link to a few blog parties! Visit the parties
iShouldBeMoppingTheFloor’s “Inspiration Monday”
ArkansasWomenBloggers’ Sunday Link Up
Mom’s Test Kitchen ~ Wonderful Food Wednesday #47
RattlebridgeFarm’s Foodie Friday